Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Self restraint...


...I haven't got much. This week the DVD of the second series of the fabulous (if somewhat inappropriate) Green Wing was released and I am trying so desperately not to buy it. This is because I know that there is one episode still to come, which has not been shown on TV, and which is not on the 2nd DVD. As a result, once that episode is shown, chances are they will release the whole caboodle in a box set. I love box sets! There is such a sense of completeness and neatness about them so I am trying to hold out, but it is killing me knowing that it is out there, with all its wonderful deleted scenes and commentaries and behind the scene action! (I do realise that some of you are now sitting there trying to decide whether the word "geek" or "nerd" is most appropriate for me or have lost any respect you once had for me - I promise you I'm not like this about many things!) I will try to put it from my mind.

Highlights of the day.
One of the chidren wrote in their book that Queen Victoria's uncle was the Duck of Kent, which tickled me, mainly as I like ducks and was pleased to think that one might once have been in charge of Kent. In other news I sent one of the boys in my class out to do some spying (long story) and dressed him in a top hat and shawl so as "not to draw attention to himself"! Fortunately he saw the funny side: I have been quite hyperactive due to tiredness.

Well, I'm off to bed. Busy day tomorrow and I might pop into Morrisons after work to just have a little lick of, I mean look at the Green Wing dvd!

4 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger D Baynham said...

Bet you buy the Green Wing DVD, bet you are an addict and once you see it you will need it and buy it there and then. If you do can we borrow it please?

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Teapot said...

Maybe we can call Camnilla the Duckette of Cornwall! Quack!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Amy and Amiability said...

I AM an addict! I was rather hoping you would buy it and lend it to me! Today, Dan and I discussed buying it, watching it and then selling it on ebay. Probably wouldn't cost much more than renting it from somewhere!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger ScubaSis said...

Am just wondering if you've managed to hold out so far. I hope you didn't go to Woolworths that had a rather large display of The DVD that must not be named. I fear it may have been too much temptation for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home