Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, September 04, 2006

Time for school...


Well, that's it. The last day of the holidays has been and gone and today I had to go to actual work! I made the most of my last weekend by staying up really late last night which was pretty stupid to be honest, as I was totally cream-crackered today. Fortunately today was just for staff, so no children till tomorrow which I suppose eases you in more gently but to be honest it is more interesting when the children are there. At least my classroom looks like a real classroom now and not the hovel it resembled 6 weeks ago. THANK YOU RACHEL!

I was really saddened to hear of the death of Steve Irwin today. Whatever you may think of some of his antics I always found it really refreshing to see someone who was so passionate about his job and wasn't embarassed to show his enthusiasm in an age where it is so decidedly uncool to be enthusiastic about anything. Such enthusiasm is infectious and I personally need people like that in the world to remind me how wonderful our world is and that it is worth protecting. It saddens me to realise that loads of the kids I see every day only seem to be enthusiastic about their PS2 and how much credit they have on their phones! And as for me, I'm not even passionate about THAT!

On a lighter note (I am aware that I was verging on a "Dear Points of View..." moment then!) I had a very bourgeois pie, sorry "tartlet", from Marks and Spencers for tea. Is it just me or does goat's cheese always taste just a little bit like you would imagine a goat tastes like? Same for sheep's cheese actually. In fact maybe what I should be considering is whether cow's cheese tastes like cow but I am just so used to it I don't notice... hmm.

I may ponder that further if I can't sleep tonight.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger D Baynham said...

I hope the first day with the new Kids goes well, I'll be praying for you. It is a very news about Steve, he will be greatly missed.

Yaks cheese? Let’s ask Val next time she is home!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home