Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, September 29, 2006

Normal service?


Well, the last couple of weeks have been hard. Really hard in lots of ways but I know that many of my friends have had a much tougher time. I have come to some realisations about myself. I'm afraid I am not really the sort of person who can pour out my heart through my hands via the keyboard into cyberspace. I'm aware that lots of you are and it's fine by me, I have sat at the computer this evening, reading friends' blogs, and sobbed at their heartache and my heart breaks for them but as those of you who know me well will know, I can't be serious for long. Not because I don't feel stuff, or think about important things, but because I need it interspersing with light relief: it unclogs my head and stops me drowning in indecision, or sadness or confusion.

Think of the pratting about, if you like, as some sort of emotional arm bands and the bigger the difficulties, the more armbands I need. I simply can't be eloquent about things that are really important to me, such things turn my faculties to absolute mush. It's just how I am. So I'm afraid - excuses made - (ab)normal service resumes as of whenever something happens that I want to blither on about!

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said...

Well Amy I think you are very eloquent. What you write always makes me smile and what you put about Matt and Chris was so spot on, our family thought it should have been included in their Thanksgiving! (I am of course refering to 'Chris and Matt were wonderful men of God, full of humility, patience, humour and well-placed irreverence.' & 'Never have I known two people capable of causing absolute mayhem whilst looking as though butter wouldn't melt!' I particularly liked the latter, it was them to a T!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home