Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Christmas time is here again...



...at least it is according to my local Morrisons. Today, whilst enjoying this beautiful, balmy September morning, I popped in for a croissant and was amazed to discover that I could have bought not only my "Pirates of the Carribean" advent calendar but also some Lindt Reindeer and one of those fantastically huge tubes of fruit pastilles that, for some reason, only appear for the festive season. I'm not really complaining about this, it's just that sometimes it makes me feel like the walls are closing in on me a bit! It's only September!

Those of you who know me well will almost certainly be thinking what a hypocrite I am as I complain about the early onset of Christmas pressure but am always delighted when, on the 3rd of January, in amongst the reduced price crackers and battered rolls of wrapping paper I discover a packet of Cadbury's mini eggs!

However, this year as part of my life-improvement plan, I have decided that, rather than rail against this consumerist, pre-pre-Christmas pressure I will go with it... ride the wave as it were. So I will be popping back this afternoon to purchase not one, but 4 Johnny Depp advent calendars. One for September (bit of catching up to do there), October, November and finally December. Heck, why not 5 advent calendars? After all something's got to keep me going in January between Christmas and the advent of the mini eggs!

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger D Baynham said...

If you do buy 5 Johnny Depp advent calenders I think a certain lady I share my life with will want at least two of them!!!! I was given a Cadburys Cream Egg on Friday how early was that?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Amy and Amiability said...

I am aware of that gift but what I think is more amazing is that you still had the aforementioned Creme (note correct spelling) Egg yesterday night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home