Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What a week!



Me on the beach!
Phew, well the last week of term was really hectic as it involved Parents' evening, a lesson observation by the Deputy Head and the Harvest Assembly, for which I really didn't have to do much except turn up and bash out a couple of songs on the piano, but the stress of it seemed to permeate the whole school. Then on Friday I went down to Bournemouth, where Mum and Dad have a flat which they kindly lent me, with some friends and their children. We had a fantastic time. The beach restaurant just opposite the flat makes amazing breakfasts (although by the time we got round to going to the restaurant it was more like lunchtime!) and their "lighter breakfast" of sausage, egg and toast turned out to be 2 HUGE sausages, 2 fried eggs and about 24 bits of toast! I shall not be eating for a few days yet. The weather was a fantastic mix of Autumnal (threatening grey skies, crashing waves, slightly peeved looking seagulls pretending that yes, they did actually intend to go that way and no, it was not just the wind) and late summer (golden sunrise, lapping waves and no need for a jumper). It was really good to relax and take our minds off work and none of us could believe we had only been away for 3 days when it was time to pack up and leave. This week, for all you land lubbers who don't know, I'm helping out with the holiday club at church which has a sea faring theme. Ah ha me hearties etc etc. It's a long time since I've helped with a holiday club (my career choice meaning that I would usually rather steer clear of children during my holidays) but it was great and certainly the most high-brow club I've been invovled in. Whatever happened to the days of making a bookmark out of that thin, pastel coloured card or a picture using pasta shapes and (if you were REALLY lucky) a can of gold spray paint!?

The view from the balcony - Sunrise over the Isle of Wight

6 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger ScubaSis said...

Dear pirate.. err I mean wholesome seafarer, glad to hear you enjoyed holiday club. Sounds like you had a good break at the weekend, which was thoroughly deserved. Look forward to catching up. Are you currying on Friday? xx

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said...

How beautiful the view from your balcony. Hope you had a good rest. You may need to book the place again at the end of Holiday Club!!!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger D Baynham said...

Wow what o coinsidence those stone spekking out your name like that!!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Teapot said...

What kind of camera have you got? I'd like one like it!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Amy and Amiability said...

Thanks for asking Teapot, it's a fuji finepix s304. Quite old now, I've had it for about 3 years but it really does take fantastic photos. I'm no photographer and it has been known to make me look good - well, not make ME look good, that's an awful lot to ask from a camera, but it makes my photos look good! The models that have replaced it are even better I believe.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger timelord in the tardis said...

I prefer this model..and would have loved to be in your class!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home