Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Vicar of Wibbly hath spoken...

(ps Ali, that is my new name for you in case you decide to start a blog of your own!)

So I have bowed to peer pressure and changed my display photo having received an email today from "She who must be obeyed". S.W.M.B.O. must be obeyed for three reasons
  1. She is my oldest (well, longest serving) friend
  2. She will soon be a vicar
  3. She knows too much

The e mail read as follows...

"though i have tended to eschew (??sp? or is that how you spell a sneeze?!) blogs in general, have just snuck a quick peek at yours, and might i say that it is quite amusing! Lovely photo of you in front of your name on the beach the other day. Think you should replace frankly disturbing photo of you with bin taped to your head with this more flattering, and much more amy-like pic. i know you are mad, and it's important to have a picture that shows that, but you are also quite sane at times, you know!!"

From reading that it will be clear to you that Ali has not been initiated into the cult of Green Wing (and perhaps it is better for the future of the Cof E if she remains that way!) as that "disturbing...bin taped to your head" is, of course, the Topmiler, which I spent many happy hours making for Telly Addict's birthday. Anyhoo I have taken her advice and changed the photo for now.

Interesting day today as I turned up at work not having a clue what I was going to be doing and spent the afternoon teaching the children Christmas carols.

And so it begins, the slow descent into glitter-covered, tea towel wearing madness.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Amy and Amiability said...

I don't actually remember being in a nativity play. I'll have to ask Mum and Dad. I do however remember quite often having to be a narrator, which either meant I was appalling at acting, or one of the few children who could read!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger D Baynham said...

Far to ugly to act is my guess? I was always the person at the back of a big group so no one could see me..so i was to ugly even for a group

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Teapot said...

This is fun!
When I was taking the Nursery nativity several years ago, one of my "angels" insisted on wearing her Doc Marten boots and duly clambered up beside Mary making great clumping sounds on the floor!!

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eek! 'vicar of wibbly'?! you don't half come up with them. is that an improvement on 'loopy'?? honestly, the things i have to put up with...

lv
ali
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home