Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First day of school


Well, I made it through but it was a close one. I managed to break the new year's resolution I made last night by 7.30am when I left the house without breakfast (I look forward to yet more haranguing from everyone about it being "the most important meal of the day"!). I did my best but I swear my entire body was in shock from being up so early. In my opinion it is utterly wrong to leave for work in the dark and return in the dark so I am putting in a petition for my hours to be from 12pm til 1pm until further notice just to be on the safe side.

Tonight I am supposed to be tidying my entire house as my Australian friend (who is actually from County Durham but let's not be picky!) is arriving tomorrow to sample my hospitality for a few days. She really knows how to pick her times (as I shall point out when she arrives!). Not only has she chosen to come on my second day back at work in 2007 but she is arriving on the night of the long-awaited, 1hour and 50 minute long, Green Wing final ever installment and, get this...SHE HAS NO INTEREST IN IT WHATSOEVER! I have told her she will have to sit with her finger on her lips for the duration whilst I sit in my "Ooh Colin Firth is on the telly" mode i.e. on the floor, really close to the television looking up at it adoringly!

NB Just in case I have panicked or over-excited anybody with that last comment; Colin Firth is not, I repeat NOT in the final episode of Green Wing.

10 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger It's not easy being small said...

Can I officially be the first person to sign your petition of the 12pm - 1pm working hours?
I totally agree - you should not have to leave the house in the dark!

Maybe we could get our classes to design some petition boards showing the new school day as being 12pm - 1pm!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger JollyGreenGiant1982 said...

Hi Amy!

Would just like to say that I am in the same boat, not that I have had to get up for work, that Joy comes on Friday, although Im not in till 2pm! I mean that i dont eat breakfast either so dont feel too bad, the best meal of the day is the one that tastes the nicest in my opinion! Coffee and orange juice are all i need in the morning!! Oh and the chocloate twist things from Costas are particually good in the morning although not every one!!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Teapot said...

Am I the ONLY one who eats brekkie? I confess to Weetabix
But I have to say in my defence, I rejoined the gym before Christmas.
Mind you it knackered me up today, and I don't even go out to work.................!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Amy and Amiability said...

I have nothing against breakfast in principle, the only trouble is that I have to have been awake and moving around for a certain amount of time before I feel I can actually stomach anything. Because I usually leave the house at about 7.30 there is no way I can be awake early enough to be properly awake and breakfasting before school! Sometimes a girl has to choose between washing her hair (or an extra 15 minutes in bed on alternate days) and the opportunity for breakfasting!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger timelord in the tardis said...

forgive me for mentioning it but I saw Colin Firth tonight in the Importance of being Earnest

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger D Baynham said...

Why not eat breakfast last thing at night just before you go to bed? You can then say to certain people with ginger hair that you have had the most important meal of the day, just not when everyone else eats theirs because you are special and you eat it at a time when it is convenient to you.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Amy and Amiability said...

Aah the lovely Colin! The rare treat in the Importance of Being Earnest is that you get to hear him sing! :0)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger ScubaSis said...

You sound confident that Mr Firth is not in Green Wing (putting it in apital letters even) but maybe that's the big surprise. D'oh - I've ruined it now.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger It's not easy being small said...

Can we leave the breakfast debate and go back to the 12pm - 1pm working hours discussion?! I really thought that was inspired and something that needs to be persued!!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger It's not easy being small said...

Can we leave the breakfast debate and go back to the 12pm - 1pm working hours discussion?! I really thought that was inspired and something that needs to be persued!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home