Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, December 29, 2006

My New Year's Challenge

Well it's that time of year where it is traditional to reflect on the year that has passed; what we have learnt, seen, done etc. However, I have really not had time for any of that yet as having just returned from Bournemouth I am immediately faced with the same quandry that has been challenging me for months.

Where on earth is all my underwear?

Now the thing is I live on my own, so wherever it is, it MUST be where I put it but can I find any?

I always seem to be putting stuff in the wash, hanging it up to dry and taking it off the drier but somewhere between the drier and the drawers in my bedroom there must be the equivalent of the bermuda triangle for underwear (or perhaps I should call it the "bermuda shorts" triangle - although I can assure you I have never worn or owned a pair bermuda shorts. To be honest I'm not even sure what they are!)

In an attempt to rectify the problem I have found myself in the past doing what one should never do; buying new stuff. Unfortunately it appears this is analagous to buying a starving man a fish when one should really be buying him a fishing rod. It is only a sticking plaster solution. And more to the point the new stuff goes missing as well! Honestly, there are people starving in the world and I am spending large proportions of my salary on pants! So I am determined that before this year is out I will seek out all my underwear. I will leave no stone unturned (although I really hope they aren't in the garden - ew) until we are reunited. Think of me: I may be gone some time.


3 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Teapot said...

I used to travel to my first school teaching job, by bus. Regularly we had a little girl who used uo all the SPARE pants I kept in the classroom in case of "accidents".
I sent a note home to her mum asking for the job lot back, when we ran out.
The following morning, on the bus, the small girl got on with her two brothers, and waved at me as I was sitting at the back trying to look inconspicuous.

"Miss Smith" she bawled down the bus, "I've brought your knickers back"!!!!!

Needless to say I never sent any more notes home!
As to your pants............do you by any chance have a dishwasher?...........

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger D Baynham said...

Mmmmm I wonder if the guinea pigs have them in their nice new house for bedding...ewwww or have you fed them to the penguins in your garden by mistake? Or did you wrap them up by mistake when you wrapped up Abigail’s Christmas prezzie?

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger ScubaSis said...

I love the Indiana Miss Jones look - suits you sir!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home