Amy and Amiability

Postcards from the edge of reason...

STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Will I ever REALLY learn?


Well, I was looking back just a moment ago at the list of things I had supposedly learnt during February half term and found it interesting how my life seems to be very much of the one step forward, two steps back variety. Another half term and its holiday have passed by (along with a big-ish birthday) and surprise, surprise I would appear to have fallen into many of the same traps again! Here is the addendum to the previous list:

1. Diaries are absolutely no use if all you have done is stuck in the free stickers from "Autosport" magazine telling you when the Grand Prix are and then left it under the sofa for another 6 weeks.


2. I may not have needed to buy any t-shirts but I have in fact bought about 5. And a new bag (see above) which I didn't need either.

6. Keeping loose change in your jeans pockets is easier; even though I know it will be a real nuisance scrabbling about under the bed for it all, at the time, those extra few seconds I gain in bed from not wasting 4 or 5 seconds removing the money as I remove my jeans seems worth it.

16. I cannot play in 6 flats either, ref. "Songs from the Shows" circa March 2007.

20. Housemaid's knee does not go away when you stop housework and in fact can morph into "school teacher's knee" under the correct conditions. Still at least my dramatic limping everytime I get up from kneeling seemed to amuse my family over the holidays.

So that's about it. On a different subject we are spending loads of time practising for SATS at school at the moment (16 days to go) and I managed to inadvertantly make a political statement about the writing papers by getting my tongue in a twist and calling a "short writing task" a "shite writing task". Oops.





1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know there are six and a half billion pennies missing from circulation since they were first made (1971). How many of those are you responsible for I wonder.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home